اصطلاحات واج آرایی Alliterative expressions are pairs of words in which the second member
of the pairs is repetition of the first except for a difference in one sound
.You have heard many alliterative expressions in Farsi
such as : شلوغ پلوغ, کتاب متاب, چاخان پاخان :as An obvious function of these expressions
is that they make speech less formal and more friendly
.Now look at these alliterative expressions in English.
. 1. Wish wash:- دودل He is such a wish washy person that cannot make a decision.
درهم بر هم :2. Mish mash.- My room is kind a mish mash room that you can find everything you want.
3. Chit chat:-گپ What did you talk about? “Oh just chit chat.
جمع و جور :4. Ship shape.- Let’s get this house ship shape.
5. Zig zag: -زاگ زیگ The children ran in zig zag around the park.
شل و ول :6. Shilly shally.- Stop shilly shallying and make decision now.
این پا اون پا کردن :7. Dilly dally.- Don’t dilly dally just get your things and let’s go.
8. Tick tock: -تاک تیک I can hear the tick tock, but I can’t find my watch.
تق و توق :9. Clip clop.- He makes such a clip clop that we couldn’t sleep a moment.
10. Teeny weeny : -مچول کوچول Look at her, such a teeny weeny little girl.
11. Ding dong: -دانگ دینگ A bell striking ding dong.
گیج و ویج :12. Silly billy- Oh, I’m a silly billy. I’ve bought salt and I meant to buy sugar .